Novapoint Online Documentation
Run the tool 'Import'. The dialog box 'Select file to Import' will pop up.
- Click the drop down arrow at the field 'Files of type', which lists all the types of formats that can be imported to the database.
- Select 'SOSI files (*.SOS)' and browse to the folder where the file/files to be imported are located.
- Select the file/files and click 'Open'.
- User can import multiple files with single operation of the routine 'Import'.
The dialog box 'Import SOSI' will pop up.
- The active database (Digital Terrain Model) will be displayed at the field 'Terrain model'.
- The SOSI file/files selected to import will be listed in a tabular form at the list area.
- The files will be listed in the column 'File name', the second column indicate whether the group to which the file will be imported is an existing group or a new group. The yellow color indicates that the group is an existing group and the green color indicates that the group is a new group. The third column, 'Group number' indicates the group number to which the file will be imported.
- Users can directly define the group number (new or exiting) in the cells of the column 'Group number'. Point the cursor in the cell so that it is highlighted (selected) and type the group number.
This option removes the files selected for importing. Point the cursor in the cells of 'File name' so that it is highlighted (selected) and click 'Remove'.
This option is used to define the group numbers for the files selected for importing, especially when opting for new groups. The dialog box 'Fill Group No.' will pop up with the key 'Fill Group'.
- The selected files can be imported to single group or to individual groups. Mark the desired radio button.
The default option 'Fill by Step' will import to individual groups.
- Define the group number for the first file to be imported at the field 'First Group Number'.
- Define the increment value for the group numbers at the field 'Increment by'.
- Novapoint will create groups according to these two parameters and import the selected files to the groups respectively (first group number to first file and so on).
- Users can check the group number to which the files will be imported when this dialog box is closed with the button 'OK'.
The field 'Group Number' will be activated when this method is opted. Define the group number (new or existing) at this field.
This option is used to select existing groups for the files selected for importing.
- To select a group (new or exiting), select the file (point the cursor on any column cell of the file), and click the button 'Select Group'.
- The dialog box 'Terrain Model Properties' will pop up, where all existing groups are listed. Select the group and click 'OK'.
- This is an alternate way to define the groups. Opt either the option 'Fill Group' or 'Select Group'.
This option is used for feature code conversion and limiting the data being imported. The dialog box 'Advanced options' will pop up with the button 'Advanced'.
Mark the respective check boxes to active the options. To define the related parameters (conversion and boundary limiting parameters), click the button 'Settings'. The dialog box 'Import Parameters' will pop up with the button 'Settings'. Refer the topics 'Feature Code Conversion' and 'Border Limitations' for further details.
After defining all the required parameters click 'OK' on the dialog box 'Import SOSI' to import the selected SOSI files. The import process will be shown on the dialog box 'Import Files'.
The result of the operation is stored in a separate log-file. The context can be read by marking the check box 'Launch Report' and then click 'OK'.