Novapoint Online Documentation
Use this function to draw several extra chainage points at desired locations along the selected line (alignment or AutoCAD's line/polyline/arc on the current drawing ).
- Extra chainage points can be defined in two ways:
- With reference to the chainage of the selected alignment
- With reference to a selected reference point
- Extra chainage points can be inserted on the alignment itself or at desired offset from the alignment.
- This function makes changes only to the alignment in the drawing and the data related to the alignment in database (Digital Terrain Model) is not altered.
- The extra chainage points will be drawn in accordance with the active drawing style.
- To change the active drawing style, refer 'Draw Horizontal Alignment'.
- The drawing style can be configured if necessary.
- For further details, refer 'Drawing Style Configuration'
- Define the extra chainage point using 'Pick point <'
- Define the insertion point for the symbol/label using the field 'Offset from line (m)'
- Select the drawing options - refer 'Draw options'
- Define the text file details to have the extra chainage point data - refer - 'Save point data to file'
Run the function from the following locations:
Command prompts for:
Select the entity (alignment, AutoCAD's line, polyline or arc), on which extra chainage point is to be inserted.
The dialog 'Draw Extra Chainage Point' will pop up and two marks (cross lines red and green in color) will be displayed on the selected alignment.
- The function treats the location of the red mark as the extra chainage point location and can be changed at any instance ('Point by line').
- The cross line will be located at the point where the baseline is picked to select.
- The green mark indicate the reference point and this as well can be changed at any instance ('Reference point').
- By default, the reference point is the start of the baseline (line along which extra chainage is being inserted).
- The dialog is a floating window, which allows working on other Novapoint/AutoCAD functions without exiting this dialog.
- The dialog will be open till closed (button 'Close'), which implies that several extra chainage points can be defined and drawn.
The extra chainage point can be inserted either on the alignment or at an offset to any side of the alignment. Use these parameters to define the extra chainage point and the insertion point.
Extra chainage point can be defined in any of the following ways:
- Pick point <: Use this button to pick the location of extra chainage point from the drawing
- The red cross mark is sensitive to mouse.
- The chainage value of the red cross mark, its coordinates and the offset of the AutoCAD cursor will be reflecting at the fields Chainage, N, E, Z and Offset instantaneously with the movement of the mouse.
- Chainage: Use this edit field to enter the chainage of the extra chainage point.
- Coordinates: Enter the coordinate of the extra chainage points using the fields 'N', 'E', and 'Z'.
- Alternatively, use the edit field 'Distance from reference point (meter) to define the extra chainage point.
- Coordinates and the Chainage are inter-related. Modifying any one of these will update the other values.
- Offset from line (m): Use this edit field to define the offset of the extra chainage point from the alignment.
- Use positive/negative signs to define the location (left/right) with reference to the direction (chainage) of the selected line.
- Make use of the option 'Pick Point <' to define the location of extra chainage point as well as the offset.
- Make use of Object Snap modes for accurate selection.
Reference point can be define in two ways:
- Use the button 'Pick reference point <' and pick the reference point from the drawing.
- The green cross mar is sensitive to mouse
- The coordinates of the selected point will be displayed at the fields 'N' and 'E'.
- Alternatively, define the coordinates of the reference point directly at the fields 'N' and 'E'.
Distance from reference point:
- Based on the values at Point by line and the reference point, Novapoint calculates and display the distance of the extra chainage point.
- Change this value to change the extra chainage point
- Use positive/negative signs to define the extra chainage point with reference to the reference point.
- The value at this field represents the distance between the red cross line and the green cross line.
- The value at this field, the value at the field 'Chainage' and the values at Coordinates of extra chainage point are inter-related. Modifying any one of these will update the other values.
The symbol for the extra chainage point, which is being inserted, is to be defined at this field. In addition to selecting the symbol, the corresponding set-up for the symbol can also be customized. The available symbols are as follows:
- AutoCAD Point (AutoCAD command DDPTYPE).
- Station Label (Novapoint pre-defined label for chainage).
- Distance Arrow (Novapoint pre-defined label for distance, etc., in the form of arrow).
- Constant text angle (Novapoint option to insert the 'Distance Arrow' at user-defined angle.
- Draw Point: Mark the check box to enable this option. This inserts a point in accordance with the current point style of AutoCAD. The point style and point size of AutoCAD can be customized with the command 'DDPTYPE'.
- Draw Chainage: Mark the check box to enable the option. This option inserts a Novapoint's pre-defined label for chainage point. The chainage label can be customized with the button 'Setup'.
- Draw Distance Arrow: Mark the check box to enable the option. The option inserts, Novapoint's pre-defined label with a leader line, which describes the distance of the extra chainage point from the reference point (or the chainage if reference point is not opted) and the offset of the extra chainage point from the alignment.
- The negative/positive signs indicate the direction.
- The distance arrow label can be customized with the button 'Setup'.
- Constant Text Angle: This option is available when the option 'Draw distance arrow' is turned on. Mark the check box to enable the option.
- Define the orientation (grad) of the label 'Distance Arrow'.
- By default the value at this field is the angle (grad) of the selected line (alignment).
The data of the extra chainage point being inserted is written to a text file.
- Mark the check box to activate the option.